Sunday, December 30, 2007

8 days!

After celebrating Hanukkah for 8 days, I decided to go 8 days without posting a blog. I figured, if the oil did it, so could I.

Actually, I haven't posted because I've been busy, and traveling. I'm currently in Buffton, SC, which is just outside of Hilton Head. Lets recap, shall we?

Thursday AM: Got up, got in the car, stopped at Starbucks only to find out their oven was broken and I couldn't get a spinach and feta wrap, and then proceeded to head south, south, south. After making excellent time to Richmond (under 2 hours!), I decided to take it slow and enjoy the trip. Blasting the XM radio I borrowed from Beth and Darryl, I leisurely made my way down to Charleston, SC. Along my way, I saw cars from all over, including Alaska, Ontario, Illinois, Nevada, California and Utah. Of course, when I got to Charleston, I found out that there is a REALLY big bridge i had to cross over, and that it was raining. Needless to say, after a long drive, a good bowl of gazpacho, and a beer, I was sound asleep in my all too-comfy Hampton Inn bed way earlier then I should have been.

Friday AM/PM: I got up, got coffee, and heading out to Charleston. Of course, nothing in Charleston actually opens till 10am, so I wondered for a bit. Over the course of 6 hours, I managed to see the historical continuously used sephardic synagogue in the country, visited 4 museum's, saw some of the most beautiful homes in all of America, a did a lot of shopping. By 6pm, I was done. So, I went back to my hotel, and relaxed. Pictures and whatnot will be uploaded when I am back in DC.

Saturday AM: Got up, found out it was raining again, took a quick walk along the beach, and then headed down to Larry's in Buffton, South Carolina. Got stuck in traffic. Took an hour longer then it should have. Thank goodness for XM.

Saturday PM: Went out with a bunch of Larry's friends to dinner and bar hopping in Savannah. It rained the entire time, but I had fun. I even had a turpentine smelling, pepto bismo colored white chocolate pomegranate martini. It was, well, interesting.

Sunday AM: Got up, went back to Savannah, saw lots of fantastic architecture, and then stopped on the way back at a multi-million dollar house development on the water. Fell in love with the rocking chair and the view.

So, that's it in a long nutshell. I'm off to Atlanta tomorrow to spend time with the two cutest kids in the whole wide world! (South of the mason-dixon line, and who are not twins).

Happy New Year, if I don't blog again!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you are enjoing the AM - - by the way you might want to restate the cutest kids south of the Mason Dixon line but north of I-20 - - -

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

AM = XM