Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Respond, dammit!

One of my biggest pet peeves are people who don't have the common courtesy to respond to emails.

This happens most often at work, where people routinely skip over messages in favor of other ones. For example, I send an email to my boss. She has a crackberry she routinely checks. She initially doesn't respond. Two hours later, she sends out four emails relating to nothing in particular. Yet she never even acknowledges that she got my email. Two days pass. I send another email on the same subject, or ask her about it. Her response, "Oh, I didn't have an answer," or "I haven't gotten to that yet."

Well then, let me tell you when I might get to any of the twenty or so projects you've given me. Oh, I know. After you respond to my email.

How hard is it to respond, to type a simple message like "I don't have an answer, I'll get back to you." Or, "Thanks, got it." Or, "You suck, I'm not doing this."

So, next time I email you, respond. Acknowledge. Or you'll feel the wrath of more emails. A lot more. And then some more.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny....I have the SAME feeling about the Nationals right now!!!