Tuesday, December 18, 2007

WalMart

This is my blog entry for the day. I'm going to try to blog every day. I mean, I eat and drink every day, so why not blog?

I'm reading a very interesting book about WalMart, called The WalMart Effect. It has some fascinating facts about the worlds largest company. Did you know that WalMart sells as much by St. Patrick's day as Target sells every year? Or that WalMart is responsible for 36 supermarket chains to declare bankruptcy over the last 5 years? Or that 91% of Americans live within 15 miles of a WalMart, and the average American household spends $2000 at WalMart each year?

Luckily, I don't fit into the 91%. Another reason I believe its a good thing to live in Bethesda.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Um, you live 10.71 miles from a Wal-Mart - - so YES you are in the 91% . . .