Friday, December 7, 2007

The big 5 0.

Today, December 7, 2007, a day which will live in infamy, was also the day that I hit 50,000 miles on my car. Whoo hoo! The life changing event occurred at 8:34am just as I was passing over the intersection of Maryland Route 32 and Route I-95.

Its been just under 2.5 years since I brought the car, and I have to say an average of 20K a year isn't outrageous, given how much I drive. But it also means that I have work to do, the brakes are being replaced on Monday, the tires in January.

On a side note, I decided to figure out how much I have spent on gas to reach the 50,000 mark. I typically get 23 miles to the gallon, and I'll use an average gas price of $2.84 a gallon, which comes out to 2174 gallons and a total of $6,173. Eegads.

Can anyone spare a dime?

No comments: