Monday, October 29, 2007

My Nephew takes a spill...

Jeremy, my 2 old nephew, is a typical boy - running around, playing with trucks, playing sports. (It's amazing we are related.) Anyway, yesterday, as he was playing soccer, he fell and broke his femur. A clean break, which is good.

On a normal sized person, this would be okay. But, on a 2 year old, it isn't. He has to wear a two-legged cast for four weeks, while the bone heals. He won't be able to walk or run (ever tell a 2 year old to sit?), going to school will be iffy, and he's going to be in a lot of pain. (He got on the phone with me this morning to tell me he was feeling better, to which my sister replied, "of course he is, he's on Valium.")

So, yet another stressed out November for my sister and Benjy. It wouldn't be thanksgiving without someone in the Rose family in a cast...

I need to go buy him stuff. I believe in dulling the pain with a good Disney movie :)

No comments: